Bad breath is a common problem, but with a little care of your oral hygiene, you can get rid of it. Bad breath occurs mainly due to the bacteria that produce sulphur compounds. These bacteria hide deep inside the layers of tongue and under the tartar of teeth surfaces where it is difficult to clean. Good news is that, saliva acts as a natural cleansing liquid in mouth. If you have less saliva in your mouth, this cleansing is not done well and your breath can smell bad.
These simple tips might help you lessen your problem of bad breath.
- Brush and floss your teeth properly: Brushing and flossing properly helps to remove plaque and tartar where bacteria can hide.
- Clean your tongue: Cleaning of tongue helps to remove bacteria that are hiding on tongue surfaces.
- Drink plenty water: Helps to keep mouth moist and helps to increase saliva flow.
- Chew sugarless gum: This chewing action helps cleanse the teeth and stimulates the flow of saliva. Saliva in turn further helps to cleanse the mouth and dissolves odorous volatile sulfur compounds.
- Check for signs of gingivitis and other dental problems at least once a year. Your dentist can help you on this.
More on Bad Breath
Schedule an appointment at dent-inn to solve your problem.